9% [ 1 ]
No way its shit!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
MysticalMike

PostSubject: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Sun May 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Heavy Detailing Guide(Part 1, Rocky Style)

I decided to make a guide for those who arent very good at detailing. This guide shows u how to detail u map heavily. In first part i tell u how to detail ur map rocky style.

Step 1:
First just make the outlines for the rocks. Make angry lines and use only 2 or 3 lines for one "rock".

Step 2:
Then add some black tips after those lines what come over the rock. Then some scenery tips too next to black lines. And don't forget to use scenery line to make shadows on outlines. U should get this:

(Scenery lines are hard to see in forum picture but if u press that picture u get bigger one)

Step 3:
After that u can use ur imagination or then add black and scenery tips more in those rocks to make it look better. And if ur shadow lines are not able to see much u should strenght them more.

That's guide to make rocky style. I will be making more heavy detailing guides for here so keep ur eye focused!
Remember also that there are many different ways to detail ur map to rocky style!
Im not then very good speaking english so pleace be patient.

Last edited by MysticalMike on Sun May 24, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MysticalMike

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Sun May 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Heavy Detailing Guide (Part 2, Grass Plant)

Im just bored so i post at least two of these guides.
This time i will show u how to make grass plant in ur map. Its pretty hard to make look good but here is my idea.

Step 1:
First u should just make short lines facing between right and up. Then make those lines going down pretty fast and angrily to make it look good. Make them look like they would be hanging somewhere.

Step 2:
Now just combine those two grass together. Then u can make mountain or whatever u want (I tried to use mountain) under that grass plant. It look pretty much like bird nest. Very Happy

Step 3:
Now u are almost done. Just make some lines on mountain, add some scenery lines on grass and the mountain to make it look better and thats it. U can use also ur imagination to make it look cooler. U can also make grass at down of the mountain and continue that. Check my map called Down In the Meadow to see how i used that grass view.

Scenery line are not seeing well here so click that picture to get it bigger.
I know that it looks stupid because i didnt make that ground grass like circle way. U should do it little bit circle to make it look 3D.

Thats my guide for making grass plants. More to come for example clouds guide, snow guide and more.

Last edited by MysticalMike on Sun May 24, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MysticalMike

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Sun May 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Heavy Detailing Guide (Part 3, Snow Hills)

Now i gonna show u how to make snow maps look good. It's pretty simple to make but can look good too.

Step 1:
Make smooth hills. This is simple to make so not much text.

Step 2:
Then make scenery lines following black lines like this

Once again the scenery lines are not seeing well in here so click that picture to view it bigger!

And thats it. U can watch how i used that snow in my map Snow Jumps And Trails (Didn't use those scenery lines)
Not actually heavy detail but good and famous anyway. U can use that snow thing too in plank spots like this

Thats it for now. In next part i will show u how to make plank and shadow it!
I would be happy if u would comment my guide!
Back to top Go down
MysticalMike

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Sun May 24, 2009 2:44 pm

Heavy Detailing Guide (Part 4, Planks)

Now we will make planks which is very famous style in many maps. Its very easy and can be easyily make ur map better looking.

Step 1:
Make outline fo the plank and fatter it to make it look better. Add holders under the plank. Remember that this isnt the only way to do these planks but here is my way:

Press that picture to make the picture bigger and see those scenery lines.

Step 2:
Now we can add some shadows at the holders and "plank". Sun is shining at right so add those lines at left side of holders. First just simply strenght those outlines of the left side of holders and then strenght with scenery lines.

Step 3:
Now just simply add some theme down of the holders. I chose rock style which u can learn at part 1. U can make it look even better if u draw those holders onto rocks. Then add little lines at down of the holders to make it look great.

Now u got nice and simple Heavy Detailed plank.
I hope that this guide will make ur maps get better ratings!
Comments are welcome too!
Back to top Go down
Kazniti
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Guide to detailing   Mon May 25, 2009 7:48 am

Hey thats a really good detailing guide!
Thats going in as sticky
Back to top Go down
http://www.trackfactory.co.nr
MysticalMike

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Mon May 25, 2009 8:20 am

Heavy Detailing Guide (Part 5, Clouds)

Okey, now we are gonna make some clouds to scenery and drivable. Its simple again and makes ur map look happier.

Step 1:
Just make some half circles, bigger ones and smaller ones. Compine them and mke them look like other side would be under other. U can also make this upside down to make ti look good. I will show u both styles:

Step 2:
Now lets add some shadow with scenery lines. Once again lets play that sun is shining from right so u do those scenery lines on lesft side. Just do scenery lines beside of the black lines. U can also use strenght black lines and then add some scenery lines. I did both ways:

(click that picture to view it bigger and see scenery lines)

Now u are done. If u want to do drivable clouds just draw those half circles under ur way. Here is a example:

(I didn't shadow that cloud)

Now u are done and u got nice clouds on ur map. If u want clouds on the backround just do same things but use only scenery line.
Back to top Go down
bok boy1997

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Thu May 28, 2009 4:16 am

That bloody good man.... you should make some more guides to detailing lol! Smile Very Happy santa albino rendeer queen king jocolor geek flower afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.mastermakers.sosblog.com
MysticalMike

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Thu May 28, 2009 11:22 am

Heavy Detailing Guide (Part 6, Tree)

Now we will be drawing a tree which can make ur map happier looking. Its simple too so don't worry.

Step 1.
First draw the shell of the tree. It is simple but if u want to do little extra make a knot coming out of the shell. Just two lines up and leave hole for the knot if u decide to do it.

Step 2.
Now u can make so called "leaves" on the tree. Make halfcircles like u i showed in the snow making part. Then u if u want to extra again u can make some holes in middle of the tree and draw sticks going there.

(Not very good tree because its my first time when im drawing tree)

Step 3.
Now u can detail ur tree. Use scenery lines to make it look more livable looking. U can play again that the sun is shining from somewhere but i just shadowed the whole tree. Also add some black lines on the shell.

(click that picture to view it bigger and see scenery lines)

Don't worry, i didn't forget those who wants to do dead tree so i did it too.

Bonus:
Just use same shell than in so called living tree but dont do leaves at all. Just draw sticks facing down saddly. They may look like roots but that is good advice too. Then add add scenery lines between of sticks to make it look better.

And now u are done. I hope this helps u once again! Smile
Back to top Go down
deathcubek
Goat Milker
Goat Milker

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Sat May 30, 2009 11:45 am

thats good to know but some of us dont have a steady hand and have a hard time doing that...im ok but i could use sum help also.lol Smile
Back to top Go down
MysticalMike

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Sat May 30, 2009 3:01 pm

brewers wrote:
thats good to know but some of us dont have a steady hand and have a hard time doing that...im ok but i could use sum help also.lol Smile
Yep but it might seem that it takes lots of times but spended doing each guide about 15 minutes. Smile
Back to top Go down
MysticalMike

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Sun May 31, 2009 3:00 am

Heavy Detailing Guide (Part 7, Spikes)

Okey this time i will show u how to do spikes. Once again this is simple too.

Step 1:
First do spikes. Use two lines for one spike and connect them at top to make it look sharp. U can do other spikes behind other spikes.

Step 2:
Now u can paint black those spikes which are in the "background". Just use black line and paint them totally.

Step 3:
Then paint some of those spikes with scenery line and thats it.

I hope again that this helps u!
Back to top Go down
blaze

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Sun May 31, 2009 5:16 am

That's really good Mystical mike. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
bazza The king

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:39 am

i already new this stuff anyway lol but nice work keep going Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://trackmill.com/free-rider-2/creator/bazza__The__king
weewam
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:00 am

Don't try make yourself look good bazza, this is mike's style of detail, so if you already detail like this then you copyed it.
amirte?

Also, this guide is ok but a bit generic
Back to top Go down
bok boy1997

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:14 am

I suppose it couldn't be called Heavy detail
Back to top Go down
http://www.mastermakers.sosblog.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike   

Back to top Go down

Heavy Detailing Guide By: MysticalMike
Page 1 of 1